Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Jackass, Mama and Mushroom Shakes



My days are slipping away from me as I realize that I have been here a whole month! I am still on Ko Phangan and if I hadn’t already booked my ticket to continue on to New Zealand, I probably wouldn’t leave this place. I am having a terrific time.

The best thing about traveling, to me - are the people that you meet. And this trip has been full of people from all over the world that I am getting a chance to meet and spend time with. I have hung out with some cool American guys who gave me an interesting perspective on their country. Hanging out with them gave me a recharge at a really important time. I was feeling homesick and wanting to go home. Hearing them banter between one another made me think of everyone at home and how everyone was so excited about this trip for me. So I will continue on…..

I am still hanging out with Chris from Surrey and his girlfriend Lucia, and her friend Leyna, have arrived. It has added some fun into the day as now there are more of us to hangout with.




Gizmo and Lidia, from Spain, are still here and the more I get to know them, I figure they are the sweetest people I have met so far.





We went on a snorkeling trip recently and I got reacquainted with a guy I met here last year, Geoff. Turns out he returns to Ko Phangan annually as well. This guy is a true jewel. I also met Michael who is from Denmark as well as some ladies from the States. Michael has turned out to be a riot. He is open about so many things and just generally a good guy to have around. Michael, Jen (American chick) and I, had a fantastic evening of mushroom shakes and whiskey buckets. Then having Geoff meet up with us later to close out the evening was a memorable night on KPG for me so far.




I also have 2 stray dogs that have adopted my bungalow and me. One is a cute white little puppy that looks about 12 weeks old and the other is his mom. Both follow me everywhere and have even taken to swimming with me when I am on the beach. They are adorable. I call the white one “Jackass” because he is trouble at the best of times and his mom is “Mama”. I know, not very original but she was named by another bungalow and I also found out it is the Thai word for dog. The thing I like best about these dogs is that I get the benefits of having a dog - their love and faithfulness, without having to clean up after them or worry about taking responsibility when Jackass goes garbage diving.

So what is coming up that I can tell you about??? I have some diving trips planned, a couple of birthday bashes and a party at a beach bar that will have some killer fireworks put on by some guys I know. Exciting times ahead for sure!

Hope you are all well and having fun. Sandy kisses from Haad Yao….

No comments: