Friday, February 9, 2007

Going South....

When they mean no frills, they mean it. Lyle, Sandy and I left Chiang Mai on one of their budget airlines names Nok Air. For about $65 we were able to fly 1.5 hours to Bangkok. The agent that sold us the ticket said that all they can guarantee is that it is cheap and safe. That freaked us out a little as we didn’t want to take a flight that may be cancelled and for some reason we weren’t so certain that it was going to fly. They were 2 hours late and changed our terminal. When we actually were boarding, I was amused that the company has a bird for it’s mascot and that the nose of the plane had a huge painted on beak. The stewardess’s were dressed in these cute outfits that looked like we were going out to space and not to Bangkok. I wonder where I can get my hands on one of those?

The new airport is actually one of the nicest that I have seen. It’s all glassed in with all these crazy angles and beautiful flora in the centre. I would have thought we were in a solarium and not an airport. Back to the big city of anything goes. Were here for a few days to sort out our next place. Incidentally, I was able to book my flight to New Zealand. And also my trip to Disneyland! Whoohooo! Sandy and Lyle have decided to fly to Surat Thani and take a ferry over to Ko Phangan and I will take a sleeper train down and meet them the next day. Seeing as I am here longer than they are, and I actually like the train, I figured it was best to just meet in paradise. If only those toilets improved though….

Anyways, just a quickie and some more pics. I am behind on posting this and I am actually already working on my next post. Here are some pics I got off someone from Surrey I met named Chris. This was what he saw in Bangkok....

Hope you are all well!


No comments: