Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Public urinals and other musings...

Well, just a few more days before I head off onto the surreal experience of plane travel. I've had quite a few great nights out with some terrific friends the past few weeks. I've had a few oppertunities to really play some thoughts out in my head. This is what is going on up there....

One of my favorite nights recently was a trip to good ole Big Bad Johns with the girls. Started off the night with the usual Jagr Bombs and then that was it for me. It really was a great blur after that. I was feeling cozy amidst all the peanut shells on the floor and the bras strung all over the walls. In true Merie Musing fashion I started to think about opening my own bra store with all the neglected lingerie left in the bar. Even when I am super drunk (you know me well enough to know how often that happens), I know that the boob trays I wear are expensive. What are these ladies thinking!?!? And the size of them! How do these ladies walk out of a bar after needing to wear a bra that large, to then go without? Do they maybe live in town? I, definately, would not be able to go far.

I was only happy to read recently that Victoria has now decided to invest in some sort of public urinal facility for the late night revellers of our Victoria scene. Now, before anyone gets all excited, it's not like the fancy high-end ones that San Francisco have built so that the ladies can also enjoy a clean, private pee. It is more like a plastic triangle, that you pick a side and pee into. Four guys max per urinal at a time. Nothing too fancy, as we've spent way too much city money on a arena, just basic porta-potty, urinal style. The interesting thing I noticed is that we like to have ours chained to signposts. Uncle Duffy was only too kind to explain to us ladies that it's because the party animals coming out of the bars not only like to use them, but then tip them over. I tell you, you couldn't pay me enough to have the city job of removing them at 4 in the morning. No way! Besides, I am still waiting on the lucrative contract job coming up to clean out the stray bras at BBJ's.

On a side note, I welcome a new person into Chateau Merie. His name is Pete and he is from Ontario. Somewhere in Ontario - where even fellow Ontarians can't place his 'foreign' accent. Alas, cooking dinner for Byron and pimping him out to my friends wasn't enough to make him stay in our humble city and I have had to find another person in his program and from his province to fill that void. What I can say is that Subee and Leo are adjusting quite well to the new friendly face and I know I am leaving my cats in excellent hands. Not only that, but this weekend, Pete and I conquered the unchartered territory of power tools. Glad to say we both survived and are now better people because of it. That is just another funny story I will have to tell when I run out of silly musings.....

And a big shout out to another wicked friend from Shaniaville, Ontario who I have had the pleasure of spending some fun times with the last few weeks. BC hasn't be the same without ya.

Hopefully I will see some of you this Friday for dinner and drinks at some place Gunner is organizing. It would be great to see some of you before I head off. Peace out peeps!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

M.....it was so great to hear that all is good in your hood. I miss you tons! You are an amazing woman! I was thrilled to hear that you are off on an adventure and am very excited to hear all about it!!! Be safe....have fune....and keep in touch!!!!
Love you always, Alexa
ps.....K and I are heading over to Vic in the next month or so...his sister has moved there.

Merie said...

Alexa!!!

Thanks for the message! I am so glad you will be along for the trip. Great to hear you will have more reason to visit Vic, once I get back we'll get together.

Love to you, you amazing lady!

Merie

Bill Sundstrom said...

We met you in Bangkok two weeks ago. We had already decided to go to Ko Phangan when we read your musings. Now, we are even more excited to go there.
I put a link to your musings on my blog at http://bill.sundstrom.us
I could not find your email address on your web page, so I cannot add you to my notification list.
By the time we get to Ko Phangan, you will be in Auckland. We will be looking forward to reading about it. Until then, Bill and betty