Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Before I even get to Thailand....

A long overdue posting… well, I guess I should work my way through the week just to get you all caught up on what has been going on with me.

My last night in town, Gunner was wicked enough to organize a dinner and drink affair at the Canoe Club. I have almost forgotten how cool of a place it is and it is now on my hit list when I get back into town. It was a great turnout and I thank everyone who attended. Highlights of that night? Too many to mention, but here are a few….


• Christa and I trying to convince Gunner that Thrifty’s online shopping is the way to go. Especially, since she is now an invalid. And then later, James suggesting Thrifty’s online.

• Sharing a couple of meals with Jorgen and he eating “the lions’ share of the fish”. You really are my favorite eating date Jorgen, brunch or dinner.

• Getting attacked by Dan when I first got there so he could give me a good bye kiss. And lip locking long enough for him to prove to Jorgen he really is a man. No tongue folks, he’s a happily married man.

• My first Jolly Rancher shooter, thanks to Dan. Yum!

• Coaching sweet Jennifer on how to give someone the finger and really look like you mean it. You looked waaayy too innocent the first few times.

• Andrea and I got Miriam to pose for us as I took pictures of her eating calamari. Really, she looked so hot with the tentacles hanging out of her mouth. I am certain it is going to show up on this blog some time…..

• And Kelly, finally, showing up to say Good-Bye. Thanks lady, you’re my girl!

Seeing everyone at dinner made me realize how lucky we all are to have stayed together as long as we have. I hope that we will make more of an effort for more of those occasions, as I hate to have to go away just to see everyone. Can any of you actually believe I showed up on time???!!! It’s a new first for me and one of my 2007 resolutions - try to be more punctual.

I went home early like every good girl should to pack and organize and instead, I chatted with a terrific friend on the phone for most of the night. Needless to say, I didn’t get any sleep before I left. Can you blame me? I’m going to Thailand!!!!

I arrived at the Victoria airport with Sandy and Lyle, only to run into Diane and Laura on their way to Vegas. They looked so excited and it was funny to find out we were on the same flight to Seattle. We looked so excited I had to have a picture.


Once in Seattle, poor Laura got picked on by security to go through all her bags. She was there for quite a while and it was short of a cavity search. I guess she doesn’t look that innocent to the Americans. I thought it was so amusing that I tried to get pictures of her during the process, but got taken down by 2 security guys. Note to self - pictures of airport security in the US, a very big NO.

The flight was long and we were very exhausted, but finally arrived in the Land of Smiles one piece. It’ very hot and humid, but a welcome change from the snow and rain we’ve been getting in BC. That’s abut it for now. I have to get back to touring Bangkok before I head to Chiang Mai. My next post will start my travels….I assure you.

No comments: